History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

Rumor Has It....

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Rumor has it....
  • that the reason my mom isn't talking to me has nothing to do with anger. She faked anger because she was ashamed to talk to me. Now that I think about it, I can't remember her saying why she was angry with me. I just assumed that it was because of what's going on.
  • that the reason I haven't heard from her in over a month is because she's trying to keep the current situation "on the down low" and apparently that's a direct quote from her
  • that my mother is entering a 6 month rehab program, starting as soon as a bed is available.
  • that my mother's drinking has gotten significantly worse, since the kids left, and no one is there to monitor it. Rumor has it that it's gotten so bad, she can't tell a real memory from a dream anymore.
And there's one more rumor, the mother of all rumors, and I was told it in confidence. I can't even say what it was. But let me just say, few people have faith in my mother's attempted sobriety.

Unfortunately, I hate to admit, I'm one of those with little faith.

0 comments:

Post a Comment