History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

Funny how fast things change

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Yesterday, I was a day ahead on my NaNoWriMo word count, I got told that the college I applied to probably had my paperwork and just hadn't entered it into the computer and that's why I had a letter saying they were missing things. Jeffrey was confident about getting into his masters program.

In short, things were all going my way.

And now it's today. I haven't written a word. Writers block all day.
But the worst part is, I got a call from my college saying they are now caught up with all the paperwork, everything is entered into the computer and they were missing my recommendation letter. So I emailed the Professor I had asked for the letter, and asked if she could send a new copy. A few weeks ago, when I sent in all the rest of the paperwork and had asked for the letter, she emailed me saying she had sent it.
She tells me that she never wrote it and that she was too busy to do another.

This means two things.
1) She lied to me (NOT FUCKING COOL!)
2) I no longer have a professors recommendation. I NEED a professors recommendation. I hardly ever talked to my other professors from last year. I don't know if they'd even remember me. I emailed one immediately after find out that she wasn't and hadn't sent the letter, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I'm scared. What now? What if he doesn't remember me? What if he can't write me a letter? What do I do? I didn't take a full class schedule. I don't have that many professors to ask. And I know for sure that one doesn't like me, and I doubt he would write me a letter.

0 comments:

Post a Comment