History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

My Apartment

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Weekly Positives this week are canceled due to:
hardly any time to breath.

Tonight is my last night in this apartment. I still remember the first night. We got here really late, and didn't have anything but ourselves, some clothes, a sleeping bag and an inflatable twin-sized matress. We both squeezed into the sleeping bag on the twin-matress. When we woke up, I was on the floor with the sleeping bag, and he was still on the bed, with just the edge of the sleeping bag clutched in his hand. I was so happy.

Tonight I'm a little more melancholy. It's been a wonderful amazing year, and a part of me doesn't want to leave. I will love being near my sisters, but I'm not looking forward to my moms house. Too much bad stuff has happened there. Here though, in our cozy little apartment, things have been lovely.

This past year, I was living with the man I love. I was living with someone who was actually nice to me. I was able to do my own thing. I didn't get in trouble for doing things a different way than my mother does. I was living in a home that was small enough for me to take care of. I didn't have to deal with my family stress every moment of every day. School was good. Food was good. I got to cook. We decorated, its' a pretty little apartment.

Or at least, it was. Right now it's awful. Between boxes on the floor, and the disassembled parts of our futon, there is literally 3 feet of floor space outside of the bathroom. I'm sitting on a chair (dont like chairs. much prefer couch or floor..... or bed but if I sat on the bed right now I'd fall asleep) about two inches from Jeffreys shoulders. It's quiet. its comfortable. It's private and sweet.

I'll really miss this. All of this. It's become home to me. I'm tagging this as thankful, too, because I really am thankful for this past year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment