History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

St. Albans

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

So my internet has been a bit spazzy lately, which in Boatkickerland means its been broken more than its been working. Thanks Verizon! I really appreciate all the times you’ve stood us up, and I just love that we’re paying for a service that works LESS THAN HALF THE TIME! It’s great!

Okay. All done being bitter. Mostly because I’m not home right now, and the internet here at the mall is just fine. It’s hard to be angry at non-working-internet when you have great internet.

Jeffrey invited me to go to one of his classes with him yesterday, because they were having a medium come in. The class was Religion and Death, incase anyone was wondering.

Anyways, I thought it was pretty cool. Some of the stuff the medium said was really interesting. Other parts, in my opinion, were total crap. Do I think spirits might be hanging around any given place at any given time, sure. I’m cool with that. Do I think scribbling on the mirror is going to call evil spirits into my home? Nope, that seems ridiculous. And unlikely, considering how many scribbles have been all over my own mirrors over time. If random marks called evil sprits in, I’d have had a lot more problems to deal with in my life.

Oh. Wait. Maybe that explains everything. Hahaha.

The medium (I’ve forgotten his name. Woops.) mentioned this place near here called St. Albans. Apparently it used to be a mental hospital and before that it was a boys school. The building is, as far as I know, standing empty right now. Local legend says its haunted. The medium described a room that is covered in papers with kids hand prints all over, finger-paint style. He said he was creepy. A student in the class confirmed that it was a creepy room, and mentioned some hallway that “seemed out of place” in the building. The medium then told a story about how he met with the spirit of a former student in the attic/bedroom area and the boy was looking for his mother and playing on a dumbwaiter.

Does this sound like an awesome setting for a book? For some reason, despite all the medium said, and the supposed “Creepiness” of the hand print room, it doesn’t feel like a horror story to me. Of course I’d have to go there myself to be sure, but Jeffrey said he might take me there. I think that would be totally awesome. I’d love to see the hand print room. The whole place seems like it would be interesting. I plan on doing a little research on the place sometime this evening. I tried to last night, but the internet was down. This place had definitely sparked my interest. I have a thing for old buildings. :)

1 comments:

teri said...

First of all I loved this post! Secondly, I can relate to the Verizon thing - the wireless thing straight pisses me off. My neighbors signal shows as 4 bars, but my own, in my own house is usually less than 2!So I feel your pain! Also, you made me chuckle about the writing on the mirror.

The house sounds creepy, but it reminds me of something I've heard before...not sure what??

March 24, 2010 at 3:07 PM

Post a Comment