History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

I'm such a sap. :P

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Today’s blog is about thankfulness. Yep. That’s all its about. Despite all the mess my family is in, I really am blessed. Mostly, I’m blessed with a great family.

Okay, you’re probably thinking “Family? Isn’t that her biggest complaint?” Well, sure it is. But as individuals, I like them all. They drive me crazy, as a unit, but I love them.

There’s a little more too it than that though. Family isn’t just the people you share genes with. It’s the people you can share jeans with (That was a pun. A stupid one, but still a pun. I won’t erase it and you can’t make me!) It’s your best friends who you share a lot with. You know, I’m not really sure what I would do without all of you. This is so terribly sappy, but really, my best friends keep me sane.

I don’t think I think you enough. I can’t imagine that you realize how much you mean to me. There are some of you, that I would give my life for. There are some of you who are just so unbelievably strong, in the face of whatever current tradgedy hits you. There are some who aren’t so strong; those who let me take care of them. Most of you are combinations of those things. It means a lot to me to help people, and it means even more when people want to help me.

There are people who I lost touch with, and gotten back again. There are people who I lost touch with who I SHOULD get back again. There are people I’ve lost touch with that I’ll never get back again. But I love you, and I’m grateful for you.

AND....I’m such a sap. Mostly I just wanted to say thank you for keeping me from going crazy. Manda, Lauren, Jeffrey, Chelsea, Eric, Megan, Banksie, Maureen, and Accentuate Authors (because it would take forever to list you each one by one) I love you all and I thank you.

And I promise to be a little less mushy tomorrow. Deal?

0 comments:

Post a Comment