History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

My Planner

Monday, May 23, 2011

I've probably mentioned it before, but I made myself a planner a few months ago. And then yesterday, I spent THREE HOURS sprucing it up. I pasted a green sheet of paper to the ugly brown cardboard of the cover, then sealed it off in plastic so that it wouldn't get stained when I inevitably spill something on it. I manually poked holes in about 60 pages (I didn't want holes as big as a regular hole punch). Since I don't have any fancy binding equipment, I was binding the original version with ribbon - Maroon ribbon that didn't even remotely match the colors I had put on my new covers. So I went to the store and bought black ribbon (I figure back is neutral enough that I can find other uses for it. a 10 yard spool for only 33 cents. I didn't realize ribbon was that cheap!) and then I had to sit a while and think about another way of threading the ribbon so that it wasn't as ugly as my old version. The binding on v1 was pretty ugly, stuck up in weird lumps and got tangled and all sorts of stuff. This is what I ended up with.  Isn't it lovely? I'm super proud of it. Which is silly because it's just a simple craft project, but whatever. It's great. YAY!






PS: I promise to stop being a neglectful blogger. The end of semester (which I'm still not ready to talk about) was a bit of a disaster, but I made it out okay, and I think my grades did too. Regardless, It was miserable and I didn't want to talk about it, and.... that's it really.

0 comments:

Post a Comment