History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

F is for Food

Friday, April 8, 2011

I was going to write about Friends. But so far I've seen three A-Z Challenge posts about friends. I can never ever thank my friends enough for just existing, but I also feel ridiculous writing another post that has been written so much already. And I really don't have much to say on the family-front. What other F-words do I have in my life right now?

Food. I love cooking. I love eating. I miss both. If I had my way, I'd cook a meal or two every day, and baked goods whenever we ran out.

Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to do that. I can cook here and there at random, based on how much time I have, and how much energy. I made french toast last night, when I got home at 10PM. Quick, easy, delicious, and relatively healthy.

Does anyone have any recipe suggestions for foods I can make that take less than 15 minutes? If I could make a meal in only 15 minutes, I might be able to do it more often, which would be good for my mental health (I love cooking) good for my budget (I'm living off a lot of expensive microwave food) and good for my health (see: microwave food).

Recipes?

4 comments:

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Sorry I was one of the people who wrote about friends.
But look forward to your next post.
Yvonne,

April 8, 2011 at 1:10 PM
E Boat said...

No, no! Nothing wrong with writing about friends. I just wanted to give readers a whole variety of things to read! Not JUST friends.

April 8, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Teri said...

Top Ramen - 3 minutes start to finish! ;) Just kidding. I actually can't think of much right now that takes 15 minutes or less to make, even Hamburger Helper takes a bit longer than that (though not much longer!).

April 8, 2011 at 3:22 PM
E Boat said...

Yeah. Just about everything takes too long. I found a great list of "10-minute meals" but it turns out those were more about prep-time, than actual cook time, and I am not at home long enough when I'm awake to actually cook.

April 11, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Post a Comment