History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

Good News!

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Good news! Lots of it!

1) My mother has had walking pneumonia for almost two months. I know, that doesn't sound good, right? But it is, because when she started to get sicker, a couple days ago, she stopped drinking. She was in such bad shape she could hardly breath, and I think it scared her almost as much as it scared me. But she hasn't drank at all since then (She has one unopened bottle. I don't know what to do with it yet. She's staying home  sick today, or else I'd throw it out or something, but I did get a chance to check and see that it was still unopened. I confronted her the other day and that did nothing, but more about that later.) And she's on antibiotics now, so she'll be better fine. She's miserable right now (understandably so. She's still coughing her lungs out) but hopefully in a few days she'll be good again, and hopefully a few alcohol free days will make her think a little more clearly and keep her from drinking more.

2) I got a job! It took me three years worth of effort to get something as simple as a grocery store position, but I'm relieved. I have a job. I will be getting a pay check. WOOOO!

3) I saw Lauren! Only for a few minutes, but tomorrow (after I get my work schedule) I'm going to make plans to see her next week. I also saw my uncle and cousin for a few seconds, which was nice. Lauren is also coming over on sunday, from about 9-2ish.

4) I'm going to Sturgis tomorrow, taking the bus in (catching up with my old bus driver) and then seeing friends and teachers and what not. This weekend is graduation, and I'm going. (although I'm starting to panic. work schedules are from sun-sat, and graduation is sunday (at two. works out perfect!) What if they make me work? AHHHH. maybe they'll have scheduled me for an early shift or something. that would be fine. or a late one. If not, I'm going ot miss graduation and that would be really sad.)

Anyways, I'm feeling significantly better today than I was a few days ago. Thank you all.

0 comments:

Post a Comment