History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

Drunk.

Sunday, May 30, 2010

She's drunk again/still and can hardly walk right now. I'm so freaking angry. All I want to do is punch her, but I know that wouldn't solve anything. How can she be doing this to us all again? How can she do this to HERSELF again? She's still going to her AA meetings, and I don't know how she can lie to that many people. People who are here to help her. I tried to help her, I want to. I just don't know what to do.

Last night she forgot Manda at the mall. Way to go Mom.

The bottle I found last night? I put it on the counter, so that she would know I saw it. The bottle is gone, she hasn't said a thing, and I'm too scared to bring it up while she's still drunk. She gets mean, and I don't want to fight with her. So I'm stuck sitting in silence, fuming, and crying a little.

Fuck.

3 comments:

Teri S said...

I'm so sorry you, and your sisters have to deal with that. I wish I had some sage advice for you, but I just don't know what to say other than I'm sorry, and I really feel for you.:(

May 30, 2010 at 11:12 PM
E Boat said...

Thank you anyways, Teri. It means a lot to me just that someone is reading, someone is paying attention, someone cares.

May 30, 2010 at 11:28 PM
Anonymous said...

Oh Erin, so sorry you and your sister have to deal with this.

June 8, 2010 at 11:08 PM

Post a Comment