History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

Teeth

Sunday, April 11, 2010

IT'S A CHOOSE YOUR OWN ADVENTURE STORY! PLEASE CHOOSE A, B, or C

A) I am curious as to why you haven't updated your blog in a while..... Please skip to the paragraph that is in RED

B) I am curious as to what's going on in your mouth, and I don't find saliva or toothaches disgusting..... Please skip to the paragraph that is in BLUE.

C) I don't care why you haven't blogged and mouths are disgusting..... Please skip today's blog.

So, you want to know why I haven't written in a while? Well, it's that damn second blog. I got in the fight with the layout (it kept putting things in spanish!) and then it kept being formatted badly. And it's still not finished because I'm poorly photo-shopped. Of course, once I got it (moderately) under control, I felt like I needed to post there. It wasn't fair to post here when my brand new blog didn't have a post. I finally got over that today, when I wrote out an entire post for it and instead of publishing, it somehow deleted. I'm SUPER annoyed. I'll have a new post there by tonight.

Alright. My mouth is a pain in my ass. I'm about 90% sure my wisdom teeth are coming in. It HURTS. Did I ever mention that I have extra teeth in my mouth? Did I ever mention that I got my mothers unusually small jaw. My dentist still has to use kid-size stuff. Have I ever told you that I inherited the larger-than-average teeth of my fathers side of the family. There NO room in the back of my mouth for any more goddamn teeth..... Oh yeah, and my health insurance doesn't cover dental. And it doesn't matter because my insurance only is valid in MA, and I'm in Virgina right now. I currently have a very unhappy mouth. 

But it gets worse, actually. This is that saliva filled part. Because a few days ago I got something stuck in my teeth. I brushed them, the thing was still there. I tried to get it out with floss, but it didn't work. I tried to use our nifty electric water-pik that we bought, and that didn't get it out either. Eventually I gave up and left that spec of thing there. I figured there wasn't anything I could do about it, and it would come out on its own. That's not how things worked. The next morning I woke up with my mouth really sore. Apparently my gums didn't like having that thing there. It was still lodged quite firmly between my teeth, but now my gum was all red and swollen. I had to come up with a way to get that piece of thing out. The only thing I could think of was basically cutting it out with a needle. Now that I think about it, there were probably better options. I could have tried flossing again, or more waterpiking. My gum is no longer swollen, red, or painful. Instead, I have that awful itching that cuts get when they heal, and I want to RIP MY GUMS APART. I hate mouth cuts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment