History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

Creation

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring is such a great time of year for creating. I just changed a huge part of my book, because I realized it wasn't a hugely important part, and my characters were far too focused on it. I realized I needed to re-write the last few pages, because the story was feeling really rushed. I realized that I absolutely love the way its coming out, besides that rushed section.

Remember when I said I wasn't sure if I was making progress? Well, in the past few days I've written 500 brand new words. I've re-written 3 scenes so far, and even though I cut a lot out, that part is about 1000 words longer than it was before, too. I'm going to call it progress.

I had fallen into the "telling, not showing" trap. I fixed that mess up a lot.

I've been doing other kinds of creating too. I recently designed the layout and photshopped a banner for a friend's blog. I'm thinking about re-doing my own blog from scratch too. Maybe not. I am sorta in love with this layout. Maybe I'll take on a big project and do a desktop background for myself. Or maybe not.

I've started DRAWING again. I'm not the best with a pencil, but it's nice. The only thing I'm even moderately good at are people. Faces, actually. I can't draw bodies at all. But I can sketch a decent portrait, and I'm enjoying it.

I've been dying to get my hands on some beads, wire, and various other jewelry-making things. Somehow, my sisters managed to steal all that stuff before I moved, and now I have nothing. I want to get back into that.

This creative energy makes me feel SO good. And each time I do something nice, I get all happy. This happens every spring, but I can never get sick of this rush. :D

1 comments:

Teri S. said...

Wow, that's terrible. Sometimes I really think people ought to have to take a test before they are allowed to become parents!

April 1, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Post a Comment