History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

Summer at the Boat House

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Well, don’t you just love it when you’re having a great day, and all of a sudden you think of something that might be a problem in the future? Yeah. I hate those moments.

So here’s the deal. I’m moving in with my mom this summer and I don’t know how to act. It’s been a long time since I’ve lived with her, sober. Mostly, about the balance of power. I’ve been living on my own for a year now, and before that, I was running her house for her. So I know she’s running her own house now, but how much of a say do I get in things? If I disagree with a punishment she makes for my sisters, am I allowed to say anything, or should I keep my mouth shut? Do I have to start asking her permission to take my sister to the pond? Do I have to start asking permission to do things just alone, because it’s her house and she’s in charge? What responsibilities do I have in the house? She isn’t charging us rent, so do I have to clean the kitchen or something? Or do I have to start paying some of her bills? Or do I have to be ever-available to baby sit? Because I actually might have a social life this summer. I’d rather not have to hang out at home ALL the time. Don’t get me wrong, I love my home and my sisters, but really? Every day with my little sisters? That would be a bit much for me.

But really? What is my place in this family now? What do I do?

I should not dwell on things that haven’t come to pass yet, so here’s something else: As I was writing this, my neighbor knocked on my door and asked for some flour so she could make cupcakes. She said she’d share. Life is good. Let’s hope the cupcakes are too.

Hmm this is my second post today. So much for kicking that addiction. Oh and Chelsea, the best friend, plugged this. That kinda wow-ed me, though I'm not sure why. Thanks Chels.

0 comments:

Post a Comment