History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

Progress?

Monday, March 29, 2010

I do not know if I'm making any progress with my book. I've done most of an EXTREMELY rough first draft. I'm on the second draft now, but I'm only at a little more than 6,000 words. I've been at 6,000 for weeks.

But I haven't stagnated. I haven't stopped writing it. I just, can NOT get myself to stop re-writing. I tell myself that I can do another draft after this one, and yet still I find myself waking up at 6 in the morning and re-writing the opening.

It's getting stronger all over, but it's still now actually growing. Part of me is proud of what it is becoming, but another part of me is disappointed, because its so far from done and I'm focusing on silly things.

This is the time of year I do the most writing, so why isn't this going anywhere? Or maybe it is going somewhere. Maybe this constant re-writing of scenes is a good thing. I don't really know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment