History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

B is for Book

Sunday, April 3, 2011

A few months ago, I found a desktop planner thing that I had for YEARS and never used. I started using it. I fell in love with it. It was GREAT to be able to keep a good to-do list, and it actually kept me going on the things I needed to do. I guess the joy I got crossing things off or something. I don't know. Whatever it was, it worked.

Then I started school. The planner is the size of a full sheet of paper, like a notebook. I could carry it around with me of course, but it was too big for me to just whip it out and cross things off as I did them throughout my day. It wasn't convenient anymore to keep on my desk because I was always on the go. I started looking online for a small planner that would fit inside my purse. I just wanted a do-to list type thing. Not an appointment book where I blocked off sections of time for every task. Apparently, you can't buy those. You either buy a small notebook, or you deal with the timer-style planner, or you don't carry a planner.I would have gotten a small notebook, if small notebooks existed in hard-cover. But they don't. Small notebooks are ALWAYS soft cover, or at least, all the ones I could find were. I would not and could not use a softcover anything. No matter how often I clean it, my purse is a small disaster, and a soft cover notebook would get torn to shreds. (In fact, other soft cover books I've carried, have gotten torn up.)

I had to make my own, if I wanted a hard cover small book. I formatted pages in word, I found cardboard for the covers, I looked up ways to home-bind books, and FINALLY weeks after I decided to do this, It's finished. T

I would put up pictures, but the colors of it DO NOT MATCH and it's ugly. I bound it with a dark red ribbon, and the cover is highlighter-blue. Eventually I plan on buying new ribbon, and changing the cover color, but for now its functional, the pages are how I like them, and the cover is solid. That's what counts. It's great! I'm happy.


And that's my post for "B" so starting tomorrow I'll be all caught up for C! Yay!

0 comments:

Post a Comment