History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

Can you Taste it?

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

It's so close I can taste it. College. That thing I've been working towards, wanting so badly, since forever.....

I've been accepted. I've been awarded a financial aid package. I've gotten all the forms I need. It's so close. A four year school. A degree that I can use and be proud of.

But semester starts Monday. It's Wednesday, and I still have piles of paperwork to do. I dont have my aid award letter, though it's in the mail. I don't have my vaccination history, which I need, or my advisors name, or my log in. I'm not even registered for classes. I don't know how I'm going to commute from school in the mornings, to work in the evenings, because Jeffrey will still be at work, and I don't have a license or a car.

I'm scared.

I'm thrilled.

But I'm scared. I dont know if I can make this magic work. I'm not sure I know how. So this is hard, and scary, and I don't know what to do. But it's so close, and I've worked so hard, and I'm not giving up yet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment