History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

Someone Else's Battle

Monday, November 22, 2010

I'm staying out of arguments that are not my own. I'm trying very VERY hard, not to get involved.

But my 50-something year old ex-stepfather just called my 13 year old sister, his daughter, a bitch.
I'm fuming. I'm honestly ready to punch the wall. I'm so FUCKING ANGRY that it's not even funny.

And I need to dump this somewhere, because I know that I should not get involved in someone else's arguments, and more-so, because I know that if I said anything, it would make the issue worse, and get both of them angry with me, because they both deserve tellings-off.


Amanda posted a facebook status that she was glad to have her boyfriend back. Her father commented on it saying "grow up kid." There was a lot of back and forth, during which manda told her father to fuck off, and he called her trashy and unintelligent, she told him to leave her alone, and the conversation went on, for another ten or so comments, with manda repeating "leave me alone" and "fuck you" and Tony going on about how he's not a bad dad, and how it's our mom that manda should be angry with, and everything came to a head when tony said "you BITCH"

Without thinking, I typed out the following
"Manda- I don't expect you and Tony to be best friends, but at least try not to pick fights with him. No, he wasn't in most of your life, but still, he is your father. Don't swear at him, at the very least.
  
    Tony- You are a grown man. She is a 13 year old kid. There is NO REASON for you to insult her intelligence, or call her a bitch. I get that she insulted you, but honestly? That was VERY uncalled for. You told her to grow up, but you know what? She's still a kid. You need to grow up too."


And then I never posted it, because I realized that it wasn't my place. But my blood was boiling. I'm still tempted to go over and post it, but the time-stamp says it was from last night, and I really don't want to irritate the situation further, since it's somewhat defused.

EDIT: It's a day or two later, but the incident made a surprise re-appearance appearance on facebook. And then my sweet little Lauren comes to the rescue and says almost exactly what I was going to say "Shut up ur her father not a little boy so start acting like it." I can't say anything to her about it, because I don't want to encourage the general idea of being rude to her father. But secretly, I'm so SO proud of her for standing up for her older sister, and telling her father exactly how things are, without being over-the-top rude. Just enough to get his attention.

0 comments:

Post a Comment