History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

The Light

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm feeling moody tonight, but I've been listening to this song on repeat for a while. I can't really say what it is about this song, but I love it. It's very soothing. It's made me feel a little better. I figured it was worth the share. It's by a favorite artist of mine anyways (which is how I found it) but it's a lovely beautiful song.




Nothing has changed with my family. It's a stalemate. My mother may or may not check into rehab. She keeps telling my father that she will, but she still hasn't. My sisters are angry, bitter, relieved, happy, and just normal kids. I can't help them. I know that, and I know that I'm not expected to help them..... that doesn't ease the guilt. I want to help them.

I was invited to my cousins wedding, but didn't know that until recently. The invite went to my moms house. I never knew. Now we don't have time to get up there in time comfortably. This is the first family wedding that I've missed in my entire life. I've got a lot of guilt about that one, and some bitterness.

I may have broken the headphone jack on my laptop. Everything coming through sounds fuzzy. At first I figured I must have broken my headphones, so I switched to a different pair of headphones. Nope. Still fuzzy. A third pair.... fuzzy still. So I tested all the headphones on my ipod instead of my computer. They all work fine. But I know it's not the music. I've been listening to it all day. It only started being fuzzy tonight. Every now and then it comes in clear (and also much louder!) but mostly its like listening to something while holding your hands over your ears. Muffled, sometimes a bit scratchy. Awesome. NOT.

I can't find where my Harry Potter books are packed. The Book Theif (which I keep getting told to read) is in the same box, if I remember correctly. So I'm reading another of Anne Lamotts books. For the record Rosie isn't her best book. Or maybe I'm just not in the right mind set for it. I don't know. But I'm not loving it the way I loved Blue Shoe or Crooked Little Heart (which is a sequal to Rosie, but I didn't know Rosie existed at the time)

I miss my friends. I am sad about the end of Harry Potter.

I ate chili for dinner. I LOVE LOVE LOVE chili. It's wonderful. I'm at peace.

0 comments:

Post a Comment