History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

Cell Phones

Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's now Thursday. I still haven't heard from my sisters. I've called them a bunch, texted them an assload, and still nothing.

I've come to the (obvious) conclusion that they have had their phones taken away. The question now is by whom? Both my mother and DCF are likely to have taken their phones away. I haven't been able to talk to them; I don't know where they are. My father hasn't returned my calls (the area he's in has no cell phone service. He may not even have gotten my calls) My aunt has no idea what's going on. I can't seem to get a hold of their social worker, and whoever answers the phone at DCF either doesn't know, or can't tell me. I'm not speaking to my mother.

Oh that's something I never mentioned before. I'm not speaking to my mother. I'm tired of letting her bring me down. There are three situations right now, where I'd be okay with talking to my mother, and two of them revolve around the girls, and would only be temporary situations. If she called right now to give me an update, I'd answer, but I wouldn't let the conversation move beyond that. If she did something to/with the girls that seemed beyond horrible (kicking them out, for example, although I pray she never does that again) I'd call and yell at her. And the third situation is if something bad happened to her, health wise. I love her, and I'd be there for her if she needed me. But right now, I think my presence in her life is hurting more than helping. I think I've become some sort of enabler, by always telling her that things will be fine and will work out. I think I've eased her of too much of her responsibility for what's really happening. It's hard to fix a problem if you think that it'll fix itself. And its ending up hurting us both. So I wont do that anymore.

Right now, most of my anger has gone away. But my worry still hasn't. I want to know what's going on with my sisters. I want to know that they're okay, and that they might just be happy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment