History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

We've Officially Crossed the Line into Paranoiaville

Monday, June 21, 2010

My youngest sister has been here three weekends in a row, to visit. The first weekend, my mother told me to let her and Amanda hang out, just hte two of them. She told me to leave them alone to bond. I listened to her, even though it was the first time I had seen Lauren in several months. I was jealous and angry, but I held my tongue.

Last weekend she had an overnight. My mother picked her up, and took her to dinner, and then came home and told my sister to go to bed. I didn't really get to see her. The next day I had to work in the morning, and had a party in the afternoon. Conveniently, Lauren has softball practice at the same time as my party, so I wasn't just ditching her. I planned on coming home for an hour or so in between work and the party, to spend more time with my both of my sisters together. I told my mother my plan, and she said that they would be around. When I got home from work, I found out that they had gone to the arcade. I tried to call them to find out which arcade, since there are a few in the area, but no one answered their phones the first time. I called again and this time, my mother answered, but hung up on me a second later. She didn't say hello, just opened the phone so I could hear the arcade noises and then closed it again. I said screw it, and showed up at my friends house early.

This weekend, my mom told us we were going to the beach. Instead, my sister went to the mall with a friend of hers. When I told my mom that I was looking forward to it, she said "Oh you didn't really believe that did you? It was just a cover so I could surprise your sister. She hasn't seen her friend in months."

Really Mom? She hasn't seen her friend in months? WHAT ABOUT ME!? I miss my sister tremendously, and I am starting to think that my mother is doing this intentionally. The first two times, I just thought it was bad luck, or she forgot, or something. But how does one do that "accidentally" three times in a row. I wonder if she's ashamed of me. If she's trying to keep the "bad role model" away from my sister. I know that I've done a lot of things she doesn't want my sisters to do. I didn't get good grades in high school. I got engaged before I even graduated. I know she doesn't approve of those things. See? Told ya' I was paranoid.

And then, the more prideful part of me wonders of maybe she's jealous. Jealous that I used to have such a close relationship with them, and she didn't.  I wonder if she's trying to ruin that bond my sisters and I have, so that she can get it back.

I'm tired of it. I miss my little sister damnit, but she's never around when I call. She plays sports, now-a-days (she was never allowed to before.) and with all of them ending soon, they are working harder to end with a bang. Plus school is ending on Wednesday. Hopefully soon she'll be all set, and I can see her, and talk to her.

3 comments:

Teri said...

Oh, Erin, I'm so sorry. Your mom sounds awful! I don't know how you put up with her behavior without snapping. Maybe you could write your sisters a letter, or email and let them know how you feel about all of this - then they'll know where you stand, and maybe can speak up to your mom about spending more time with you. I'm sorry things are so hard for you. In this crazy world, it'd be nice to at least be able to count on your family, instead of your family being the people who drive you nuts. :(

June 21, 2010 at 11:50 PM
Anonymous said...

It does sound like your mom is trying to sabatogue your relationship with your sisters. I would make sure you talk to them ASAP. Who knows what she is telling them about you.

So sorry you are going through this, but soon you will be able to move away and your sisters and you can enjoy each others' company without the added stress.

June 22, 2010 at 12:57 PM
E Boat said...

I don't know what I want to do yet. I had a bit of a heart-to-heart with my other sister last night (the one who lives at home, Manda) but I thinking that I might talk to my aunt about Lauren, and see if she can help me. But I'm not sure if I want to do that either, because going behind my mother's back right now could make me homeless, and that's really not on my list of things to do.

June 22, 2010 at 4:00 PM

Post a Comment