History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

Ready For The Count Down?

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Today is exactly one month before our lease ends. I'm completely and totally NOT READY.

I haven't heard back from any of the colleges I applied to. I know. I should give them a little more time, but I'm panicking. What if we move before they get back to me? What if the post office screws up and doesn't forward my acceptances or rejections?

I haven't started packing. For a tiny apartment, we do have a LOT of stuff, and it wont stop growing. I keep thinking "Don't buy anything in bulk because we wont have the room to pack it" and I tell Jeffrey, and yet somehow we end up buying 20 reams of bright white printer paper because they were only 49 cents each. Are we going to have enough room in the cars? (and isn't that such a great deal?!)

I'm totally scared about finishing my first semester of college. It's a landmark. How is that over already?

I'm nervous about being in my moms house again.

I'm even  more nervous about Boston. Nervous about trying to find a job and an apartment in a city that I don't really know my way around, despite having been there hundreds of times.

But mostly, I'm happy. I'm SO GLAD to be going home to my sisters, and from what I hear, they're glad too. I can't wait to take them out for ice cream and eat it at the beach, because that's just what is supposed to happen. I'm glad to know that if I decide to go swimming at 11:30 at night, that I can just walk down the street and dive into the pond. I'm glad to be able to smell the ocean. I'm going to build a sandcastle. I'm going to wander in the woods and collect antique glass bottles again. I'm glad that I will be able to eat fish without guilt because its less expensive up there, and so much fresher. I'm glad to be able to cuddle with my kitties.

So lets start a count down. 30 days to go.

This year has been wonderful, and it's gone by way too fast.

0 comments:

Post a Comment