History of Erin Boat

History of Erin Boat
The Unnecessary Backstory (the beginning)

Most Recent Post

Most Recent Post
End of an Era

Quote of the Moment

Quote of the Moment
Link to Writing Blog

Current Favorite Song

Current Favorite Song
But Anyway by Blues Traveler

Hips and Hopping

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Okay that was a pretty lame pun, but it's pretty accurate to describe me the past few days. I somehow managed to screw up my right hip Saturday while I was getting into bed. At first it was just a little sore, enough to keep me up, but not to really bother me. Sunday morning it was still a little sore, sunday evening it was even sore-er.


By Monday, I could hardly walk. Stairs made me cry. Transitioning from standing to sitting was hard, and getting back up again was even worse. You know what I realized? It's the same sort of pain as my knees get, when I let them get bad. Unfortunately, no doctor has ever been able to tell me what's wrong with my knees. Just that they are swollen and they hurt, as if I didn't notice all that stuff on my own. I don't think my hip was swollen, but I have a feeling that whatever it is, has a similar cause. Now if only I could figure out what.

Eh. It's Wednesday now, and I feel a lot better. Its back to where I was on Sunday morning. A little sore, but I can walk. I still have trouble on the stairs (I am hopping up and down them, it hurts less) and standing up from sitting is still SUPER painful. But I'm functional. I'm not crying.

But the last time I had a GOOD nights sleep was Friday and I'm a little loopy. I'm not totally nuts from lack of sleep, but at least 5 times tonight I've caught myself saying or doing really stupid things. Earlier I couldn't even think of the word "bad" in conversation. I think I replaced it with "un-good." I guess I'm going in and out. A little normal, a little totally wacky, then normal again.

If I've said anything strange to you tonight, forgive me. If I haven't, then that's awesome.

However my lack of total-functionality has given me a new word. I'm totally going to get "unfavorite" into the dictionary. I like it a lot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment